Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day trip to Webster

  My husband and I spent the previous week's saturday morning darting around Zephyr Hills in search of a great flea market he remembered was there (last time he lived back home was years ago). We ended up driving around in search of said market for a good few hours and came back empty handed after discovering it was not open on saturdays. What a bummer.
  After talking to a friend we got a tip there was a great flea market in Webster, so come saturday we packed ourselves in the car and headed out to do some perusing. As luck would have it we did find the flea market only to discover it's open on tuesdays! We're definitely not having luck with flea markets, that's for sure.
  Luckily we did stumble upon an interesting looking little garden statue shop, aptly named El Curiosities.



The quaint little shop was packed with wrought iron work, statuettes, talaveras pots and such, along with some quirkier things.


My husband spotted these awesome Madonna statues

...and a tiki




  To my delight I found lots of plastic yard flamingos! When we were living in Finland we occasionally discussed wether we should relocate to Florida. I conceded I would be willing to, but on the strict condition I could have one of those awesome super tacky lawn flamingos! ...I still haven't found one that's perfect, but I'm working on it!






I also found a flirtatious bunny statue I thought was funny.
"Hey Sailor!"


...and a suitable match! 

I should play cupid and get these lovebirds together! Next year the shop would be full of tiny bunny statues.


Some hedge hawk door stoppers...

Twin cats...

I didn't get any garden statues, but I did make a find. There was a discount cup shelf in the back corner where I saw an old porcelain coffee jar. 

Gevalia! Swedish coffee. With a price tag of 2 dollars it was definitely coming with us! Now it's in my "Premature granny" collection of granny things I love.

When I was cleaning the jar I found a little surprise inside.
It's definitely been in there a while!



No comments:

Post a Comment